Adisha


I have been disillusioned of Patterson's writing in a while now.  I've been sick of the series' books he's been putting out there. They make reading work somehow, where one has to dredge through the pages. Yet I picked this one up on a whim just to see how Patterson is doing these days. And I have to admit I was eating up my own words.

The book though kind of predictable in the beginning, takes turns one would not expect. The events following had me thinking , " Now what ?? " A fun thriller that had me hooked once I got through the first couple of chapters.

It also had me thinking. It's so natural for a person to make a mistake where emotions and trust are concerned. Most of us just want to believe in the good of the people we love and sometimes, that belief turns into blind faith where we don't really know or maybe even want to know the other shades of those people. We let things slide one after the other, till the point when we have to Stop and choose to do the right thing.

Patterson and his co author ' Michael Ledwidge' have done a wonderful job in putting together a book of a lady whose innocent desire of an eye for eye lead her down a astonishingly twisted path. How far does a person go to save our happiness ?

Only issue I had with the book was the gaps in reality and lack of definition of a few charachters. Don't know what I'm talking about ? Read the book and find out .. :)




0 Responses